||Room 306 1938 Liacouras Walk, Main Campus
|Innovative and entrepreneurial educator, recognized as leader undertaking initiatives to benefit the university environment. Excellent reputation for collaboration across disciplines initiating many programs both academic and extracurricular. Proven leader with strong networking skills that facilitated development and planning of events raising $10,000 to $350,000.
Leadership and management skills include:
Collaborating with diverse constituencies ● Mentoring junior faculty
Designing programming for university ● Advising and mentoring students
Managing multiple teams simultaneously ● Counseling alumni in career advancement
Effective budget management ● Innovative curricular concepts
Developing branding through media programming
• During ten years of service as department chair, oversaw the growth of the department from two hundred to nearly eight hundred students.
• Led department of 19 full-time and 20 adjunct faculty in strategic planning during which the department expanded involvement with other academic units in cross-collaborative research and activities with academic units such as the Business School, the College of Health Professions and others.
• Managed scheduling of classes and coordination of faculty assignments for department. Maximized research time for faculty and created sequencing of course offerings enabling students to complete degrees on time.
• Ensured integrity and quality of department.
• For two dozen years have cultivated relationships with media institutions and organizations, networking to build internship and job opportunities for students.
○ Co-Directed Internship program during and placed more than 2400 students.
● Developed television news magazine program and cultivated relationship with local cable station to carry half hour weekly program. Served as executive producer of nearly 400 shows.
• Developed multimedia initiatives for science museum, education and not-for profit agencies.
o One program, funded by Betz Laboratories was distributed to schools in region and state.
o Other pieces produced in collaboration with organizations recognized for their sensitivity to coverage of issues impacting diverse populations.
o Media Training for Emergency First Responders during crisis communications
• Designed, produced and coordinated high visibility women’s leadership conferences (Temple University League for Entrepreneurial Women) and SCT (School of Communications and Theater) alumni events at the university. Events drew 250-400 attendees.
• Co-creator of highly accomplished Temple University League for Entrepreneurial Women and Women’s Hall of Fame. Planned and executed conferences annually.
• Brought national media organizations to campus to recruit students from all disciplines for prospective positions.
• Chaired steering committee and co-chaired conference and investiture planning committees fo |